Windsor Castle is the largest occupied castle in the world. Over the course of nearly 1000 years it has grown from a small Norman fortress into one of the greatest palaces in the world.
Palacevirtualtours.com virtual tour of Windsor Castle gives you unprecedented access to the magnificent State Apartments as well as the truly stunning Georgian Private Apartments, used today by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
* Colour and black and white photographs and descriptions of all of the State Apartments
* Colour and black and white photographs and descriptions of much of the furniture and many paintings
* Colour and black and white photographs and descriptions of many of the Private Apartments of the Royal Family
* Colour and black and white photographs of the Castle grounds
* Colour paintings of some of the State Apartments and the Private Apartments
* Historic engravings showing many of the rooms as they were when in use by Queen Victoria and her family
* Many extremely rare photographs of the interior of the Castle from Queen Victoria's reign
* Detailed floor plans of Windsor Castle
Virtual Tour Features
* Zoom in on all photos
* Always be able to see where you are on the floor plan
* Picture tool tips on the floor plan allow you to see the room you are wanting to explore
* Highlighting of rooms as you move over them in the floor plan
* All groups of pictures (e.g. of a room) can be played in a slide show
* All groups of pictures are displayed in thumbnail format so you can easily display the one you want
* Buttons to move to the next and previous room or furniture item
* Room and furniture are separated to allow better descriptions
* An index makes it easy to move to what you want
* Furniture and works of art are organised into collections to make them easier to access
* And much much more...