A Windows Console program designed to simplify find and replace text changes in sets of Microsoft Visual Studio Project files or files organised in directory trees. Primarily designed for programmers - who want to change class, function or identity names in many source files; and web designers - so that they can automate coordinated changes to the many files comprising large websites.
FR allows you to:-
* search case sensitively or insensitively,
* search for whole word or partial matches,
* search and replace control characters and non ASCII characters using Escape Sequences,
* search and replace in both text and (some) binary files,
* include subdirectories in the search,
* use @File lists containing multiple find/replace pairs,
* parse Microsoft Visual Studio Project Files to find target files,
* show changed lines and corresponding line numbers,
* specify target files with multiple wild carded pathnames, or
* use @File lists of target files (with wild carded pathnames for both the @Files and the individual file paths given in the @Files), and
* run a TEST mode check to list the files that will be affected.
* function as just a text FIND utility.
Related Searches: Search, Replace, Find, Text replacement, Batch find replace, case sensitive, case insensitive, whole word, escape characters, binary file search replace, sweep subdirectories, Microsoft Editor format, DSP VCPROJ file, Replace in Visual Studio project files
Recent Changes: Not Established
Install Support: No Install Support
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: None