Console applications and batch files are regularly run at Windows startup or in a schedule. The main inconvenience of this is that each application opens a console window that flickers on the screen. Hidden Start (or Hstart) is a lightweight command line utility that allows you to run console applications and batch files without any window in the background, handle UAC privilege elevation under Windows 7 and Vista, start multiple commands in parallel or synchronously, and much more.
Hstart is very small (~100 Kb), but it allows you to:
- start console applications without any windows in the background
- start applications with administrative privileges without UAC prompts
- start non-elevated applications from elevated scripts and batch files
- start multiple applications in the specified order synchronously
- set the working directory and priority class of the created processes
- set the startup delay before command execution
- show success and error messages after command execution
Hstart is a must have if you use batch files on an everyday basis for backups, various file sync and copy scripts, automatic source code compilation or code signing.
Related Searches: start, run, launch, console, batch files, hidden, Vista, UAC, elevation
Recent Changes: Not Established
Install Support: No Install Support
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Not Established