VAMP (Virdi Advanced Mail Processor) is an advanced and very versatile mail processor. Its main purpose is to pre-process that mail which requires standard responses. It can also be used to extract and collate data from the message body and is ideal for processing messages where the text layout is known (e.g. web forms). Messages can be filtered on any of the header fields (or a combination of them). Additional fields (including X-headers) can be added to the filtering process if required. Data extracted from the message body can be written to a file or used to compose an outgoing message. Responses possible include, forwarding the message, sending a new message (with or without an attachment) and deleting the message. You can also run an external program to process the incoming message. In addition it will also reject or accept mail from specified addresses, domains etc. It now allows you to remotely run applications on your system by sending an email message.
- support for unlimited number of mailboxes.
- talks directly to pop3 server.
- Accept list for unconditional mail acceptance from trusted parties.
- Reject list for unconditional mail rejection from blacklisted parties.
- Rejected messages can be bounced, forwarded and/or deleted.
- Filter on any field, size, entire header or body content.
- Simple logical 'AND' and 'OR' operation for filters.
- Filter actions include forwarding, deleting, text extraction and launching external program.
- Extracted text can be used to compose an outgoing message or saved to a file.
- Append a text file and/or an attachment to outgoing messages.
- Remotely run applications on your system by sending an email message.
- Associate sounds with any filter.
- Audible new mail alert, or launch program.
- Backup, restore and cleanup features.
- Interactive mode for a manual peek at your messages