Parent Selector Column is intended to lookup to self (containing list) in order to display hierarchical data. Main difference with standard SharePoint Lookup is absence of own item (standard SharePoint Lookup contains own item).
Users can also use the picker dialog to choose data from large lists.
You can easily convert exising standard Lookup column to "ArtfulBits Parent Selector" column and use data filtering, picker dialog, and other features. Conversion of ArtfulBits Parent Selector to standard Lookup allows editing content in Datasheet view.
- Exclude own item from lookup list
- Powerful function of seacrhing inside lookup list. Using a Picker Dialog for searching items in lookup lists
- Filtering retrieved data using exising list views
- Single and multiple lookup for standard mode and using Picker Dialog
- Conversion between "Artfulbits Parent Selector" column and standard SharePoint "Lookup" column
- Validating Hierarchical Integrity (checking whether hierarchical data is non-cyclic)
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
Why ArtfulBits Parent Selector Column?
If you have hierarchical data in a list and you need to lookup data in own list (containing list), usingArtfulBits Parent Selector column is the best choice.
Related Searches: parent selector, parent lookup, lookup, parent list selector, column, columns, custom field, custom fields, sharepoint, wss, moss, controls, components
Recent Changes: New Features:
- Added ability to lookup data from subfolder
- Added Datasheet view support
- Added default values support
- Allowed assembly partially trusted callers
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows SharePoint Services v3, MOSS2007 or SP2010, MS Framework 2.0/3.0